Quinta do Pégo Signature 2016 is produced by the South African winemaker Wouter Pienaar.
As 2016 was a good vintage, Quinta do Pégo has chosen to produce this Quinta do Pégo Signature red wine. It was produced for the first time in vintage 2011, followed by the releases in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 – all five wines were highly regarded by all wine lovers. Therefore, it is now decided to repeat the success by this vintage 2016.
The wine is produced from Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Sousão grapes and it has been aged in new French oak. Afterwards the wine has been aged in the bottle before being released.
2016 Quinta do Pégo Signature has dark red colour. In the nose, this wine is harmonious with a good aromatic freshness characterized by some hints of spices and ripe concentrated black fruit. In the mouth the wine has dense tannins and acidity well-balanced with elegant oakiness. The good structure and consistency keep all the aromatic character, showing a huge capacity and potential to have long life of maturation in a bottle.
Quinta do Pégo Signature is produced in very limited amount.
As the wine is only lightly filtered, deposit might occur and therefore decanting is recommended.
- Silver & 91 points at Decanter World Wine Awards 2023
- Silver at Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2023
- Silver at International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2023
- Gold & “Best of Show Douro” at Mundus Vini 2022
- Silver at Decanter World Wine Awards 2021
- Silver at International Wine Challenge 2021
- Bronze at International Wine & Spirit Competition 2021