This is an elegant and extraordinairy port with deep rich ruby colour, big concentration of fruit, berry, raisin and almond flavours, which is also prominent in the mouth with a long, lingering finish.
The wine has very good structure, with silk tannins, showing a lovely and attractive style. The taste is just as good as many vintage ports.
This port is ready to drink now if you want a young, concentrated and very fruity taste. But if you prefer a more mature and soft port, you should wait a couple of years – and then remember that decanting is necessary in order to avoid the natural depôt which arises because the wine is unfiltered (like vintage port). That is one of the reasons why it is possible to obtain this extremely high quality.
This port is perfect as an ”after-dinner-drink, but you can also enjoy Quinta do Pégo Late Bottled Vintage 2009 with creamy cheese, chocolate and candied fruit. Serve it slightly chilled or at temperature between 14ºC and 16ºC.
- Gold and “Best port” at Mundus Vini 2014
- Gold at International Wine Guide 2014
- Gold at Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2014
- Gold at Monde Selection Bruxelles 2014
- Silver at International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014
- Silver at International Wine Challenge 2014
- 3 stars and ”judges’ favourite” at 1001 Dégustations 2014
- 4 stars in Nordjyske Stiftstidende