This wine is Quinta do Pégo’s second wine – and like the first wine it is produced by the South African winemaker Wouter Pienaar.
The wine is produced from Touriga Nacional, Toriga Franca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Roriz and Sousão grapes.
This elegant wine has been aged for approximately 10 months in two years old French oak barrels. Afterwards the wine has been aged in the bottle before being released.
It is a really nice wine with attractive lively ruby red colour. This wine has an intensity of various fruit and berry flavours, well integrated with oak notes. The taste shows good tannin structure and a remarkably elegant soft finish.
This harmonious and wellstructured wine is suitable for beef, veal, red meat, game and cheese.
This is indeed an extraordinairy red wine, which is ready to be enjoyed now, but it will also improve with bottle ageing and has a good maturation potential.
- Bronze at Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
- Bronze at International Wine Challenge 2018
- Gold at Mundus Vini 2018
- Silver at International Wine & Spirit Competition 2017
- Bronze at International Wine Challenge 2017
- Silver at Decanter World Wine Awards 2017
- Gold at Berliner Wein Trophy 2017