This port has been produced by Rozès’ winemaker Manuel Henrique and consultant Wouter Pienaar. The grapes for the port (Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Sousão and Tinto Cão) come from the old vines, which were on the quinta’s vineyards, when the present owner took over the quinta.
It is a wonderful Vintage port of the finest quality. Thanks to the perfect weather conditions, Vintage 2011 has obtained a perfect balance combining “rusticity and power” with “elegance and delicacy”. It has a deep intense red colour, delicate and complex bouquet of ripe red fruits – such as blackcurrant and blackberry – and dark chcolate, full-bodied and well balanced taste with firm but silky tannins and a long, persistent and very nice finish.
This port ought to be served chilled and is perfect as an ”after-dinner-drink” or together with strong cheese, chocolate and desserts, but it is also perfect on its own.
It is said that Vintage Port is drinkable after 4-5 years, but only really enjoyable after 15-20 years. This Vintage Port can easily be enjoyed young, but will also develop positively for many years to come.
- Gold at Wine Masters Challenge 2015
- 4 stars at 1001 Dégustations 2014
- Great Gold at International Wine Guide 2014
- Silver at Decanter World Wine Awards 2014
- Silver at International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014
- Silver at International Wine Challenge 2014
- Grand Gold at Monde Selection Bruxelles 2014
- Great Gold at Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition 2014
- Gold at Mundus vini 2013 in Germany
- 18 points in Wine Passion Magazine no. 57, 2013
- 17+ points in Weinwisser no. 2013 in Germany
- 94 points in WineEnthusiast, November 2013
- 91 points at jamessuckling.com, 2013