Vintage 2007 has already been praised to the skies of the international wine press and everybody consider vintage 2007 as an absolutely fantastic vintage – comparable to and certainly at the same level as the very best Vintages (1963 – 1977 – 1994).
This port has been produced by Rozès’ winemaker Manuel Henrique and consultant Wouter Pienaar. The grapes for the port (Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Vinhas Velhas) come from the old vines, which were on the quinta’s vineyards, when the present owners took over the quinta.
It is a wonderful Vintage port of the finest quality. Thanks to the perfect weather condistions, Vintage 2007 has obtained a perfect balance combining “rusticity and power” with “elegance and delicacy”. It has a deep intense red colour, delicate and complex bouquet of ripe red fruits, blackberries and plums, full-bodied and well balanced taste with firm but silky tannins and a long, persistent and very nice finish.
This port ought to be served chilled and is perfect as an ”after-dinner-drink” or together with strong cheese, chocolate and desserts, but it is also perfect on its own.
- Gold at Mundus Vini 2010
- Gold at Drinks International Port Taste Award 2010
- Great Gold at International Wine Guide 2010
- Gold at Wine Masters Challenge 2010
- Gold at International Wine Challenge 2012
- Silver and Outstanding at International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012
- Silver at Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2012
- 17 out of 20 points at Paixão Pelo Vinho/Wine Passion Magazine
- 17 out of 20 points at Vinhos de Portugal 2011